2019 Bucket List

Happy 2019! Two thousand and nineteen. Bizarre. I don't know about you, but for me the second half of 2018 went by in the blink of an eye and there was a lot of changes for me personally and professionally in the second half of the year that changed who I am as a person. But that is a story for a different day! Today we are here to talk about my "2019 Bucket List". I am calling it a "bucket list" because "New Years Resolutions" sounds too serious.

In this blog post I will talk about 10 things I want to do or achieve in the next 12 months and I will bring you along for the journey too.

  • Visit 5 New Places: I adore travelling, I would spent my entire life hopping from city to city if I could. But unfortunately my work life gets in the way of that, do not recommend becoming an adult. So far I have decided on California, Slovakia and Copenhagen (just have to make them happen now), there is endless amounts of countries I want to visit, I just got to make it happen!
  • Keep A Diary: Okay I admit it, we are already 6 days into the new year and I haven't even bought a diary. But I will, soon, I promise! Sometimes, I get very busy with different things going on, and I am constantly double booking people - I am sorry, I am working on it! I want to be more on top of it this year to keep the stress levels at bay.
  • Save Some Money: I am so bad at saving, like ridiculous. If I have something coming up that I need money for I will scrimp and save until I get it, but I need motive for doing this. I can't just save for no end goal, I don't see the point. I want to manage my money better this year and save a 'just in case' fund, because we never know what might pop up and cause some expense. I want to enter 2020 with at least €2,000 in my savings! I should be able to do it but we will have to see if my need for spending takes over.
  • Get Braces: My biggest insecurity is my crooked teeth, this is something I have tried to fix a few times now, but every time something else comes up that I end up spending my money on. I got as far as getting the mould of my mouth done and then never went any further. But no more, I want to leave this year as brace face please! 
  • Learn How to Drive: This is something I say every year, but here I am still using my legs as my mode of transport. Living in Dublin driving is not really a necessity because I have a bus that can take me anywhere. However, it would be so handy for me to go home to Wexford, I could jump in the car and it is less than an hour and a half down the road. I would get to go home and visit whenever I liked and I would stop missing out on things down there. 
  • See 50 New Films: Okay, I know this may seem a bit extreme but hear me out, I am a proud owner of an Unlimited card for Cineworld which means I have access to the world of films, it literally will cost me nothing. So far this year I have watched one, Mary Poppins, it was a great movie and would definitely recommend you checking it out! 
  • Eat Healthy and Lose Weight: I am sure that almost everyone has this or something similar on their list too. Before I moved to Dublin OVER A YEAR AGO I had quite a healthy lifestyle, I would eat healthy and was an avid gym go-er. I had lost a tonne of weight and I was at my happiest. Fast forward to now, I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have gone to the gym since moving up here and my diet is just not that great at all. I am determined to get back to a place where I feel good about myself. Since starting the new year I have started to eat better and tomorrow we go to the gym and I am freaking excited!
  • See More Shows: Some would argue that I see more than enough as it is but honestly, I feel differently. I want to see everything this year from concerts, stand up shows, musicals, whatever I can get to! I want to experience new types of shows and allow myself to fall in love with them just as much as I am with concerts. 
  • Make More Time For Friends: There has been so many times over 2018 that I was good at talking about making plans with a friend but then never seeing them through. Or cancelling because I wanted to stay in bed, thank you mental health! It got to the point that I barely saw one of my best friends who only lives 172 steps away from my house (I counted), there is absolutely no need for that! That leads me on nicely to my next and final point...
  • Look After My Mental Health: 2018 was a particularly difficult year for me, there was a few things that happened throughout the year that knocked me for six and I really didn't deal with it all that well. In 2019 I want to identify the warning signs and put in the self care where it is needed. If you are having a negative impact on my mental health, you are not going to be around for very long. If I feel myself deteriorating again I am going to speak out and ask for help when I need it, no more brushing everything under the rug and ignoring my problems. 

So, that's that. 10 goals I wish to achieve in 2019, some easier than others but all achievable. I hope whatever is on your bucket list that you cross it off one by one and you have a year full of happiness! If you have read this far then thank you, feel free to share your goals, bucket list, new years resolution or whatever you like to call it! 

Love, Yvonne x

Comments